Governor Ikpeazu Dissolves ABSU Governing Council, Constitute New Boar
Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu has dissolved the governing Council of the Abia State University, Uturu.
The dissolution was contained in a release signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Barr. Chris Ezem on Monday 20th March 2022.
According to the release, the dissolution of the council Members is with immediate effect.
The Governor Furthermore, approved the immediate reconstitution of the Governing council as fellows;
1. Chief Mba Okoronkwo Ukairo – Chairman.
2. Chief Obinna Njoku – member.
3. Senator Emma Nwaka – member.
4. Chief Chinwe Nwanganga – member.
5. Chief Ndukwe U Ndukwe – member.
6. Dr. Jonas Ibeaja – member.
7. Barr. C Nwokeukwu (SAN) – member.
8. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education – member.
At the time of this report, no reason was given for the dissolution.